Augh, it's been so long since I posted! What can I say? I haven't had as much time to sew lately, but the main reason can be summed up in three words: Game of Thrones. Once I started reading I couldn't stop until I'd finished all four books that are out in paperback now. Okay, now to the shirt:
To finish the sleeves I needed to add cuffs, but since I want to have detachable cuffs on this shirt I added shorter wristbands to which the cuffs will be attached with button studs. Instead of using interfacing I interlined the wristbands with the same linen as the rest of the shirt:
Then after sewing all three layers I turned the wristbands right side out and pressed one tab inside to attach it to the sleeve.
And here is the finished wristband, with two buttonholes to push a button stud through:
This shirt gets gussets at the bottoms of the side seams, just like the Regency shirt, except that the bottom hem of this shirt is a lot more curvy, more like the curved shirt tails of today:
And finally, the nearly-finished shirt. All it needs now is a collar band. I want to be careful with that, making sure that it isn't too bulky where the collar stud will go through the front. I'll have to trim the seam allowances close there, especially where the front button placket comes up into the collar band.